Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I am rebuilding my '66 6 cylinder starting this week. Any tips? I've never done it before but I got help. Any of you pros got any valuable tib bits? Like wether to rebore the engien or not? Any other awncers to questions I should ask would be apreciated.
Seth

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
you should not attempt this without an engine reduid book to follow. It will walk yuou through it step by step and is needed for the begineer. Boring is usually done when ever cylinder wear is excessive or egg shaped. A book will explain how to measure this; special tools are needed.

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
As Pete mentioned, engine rebuilding guide is a must...do a search on Amazon and read the reviews..

Also, having a clean work area (I built engines in a seperate room which was tight as a drum)...you can build your engine in the garage but I would recommend settling the dust beforehand (I recall spraying down my parents garage when building my early engines for the race car).

Gather up all parts and tools prior to beginning and, if something is missed or not right, stop and figure out what to do; no cutting corners when building engines.

If you have specific questions, post..

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts