Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, will your run of the mill engine stand at your local parts dealer hold up a cleveland?

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
I have a Big block chevy on a run of the mill engine stand and it holds up just fine. The Cleveland should be cake.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I've had the 351W up on mine since April, so I don't think the C should be a problem either. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I have a 460 sitting on a cheap 35 dollar stand. I had to get bigger washers for the brackets because it a little sag to it. See Pic

It is also very unstable, I'm just storing it on this stand when I get around to building it I will have to get something better. It wants to tip over with the slightest nudge.

http://a3.cpimg.com/image/D5/C4/11410133-d23b-028001E0-.jpg

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I got mine at harbor frieght for $45 bucks. They had 750#, 1000# and 1500# models, I took the middle at that price. I also invested in some decent 3 1/2 inch bolts and big washers to hold it onto the stand. Mine's a 351W and it's holding fine and easily wheeled around!
Best of luck,
Doug

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I got the 1000 pound model at Harbor Freight. The casters were pretty poor quality, so I replaced them with stronger examples from Home Depot. Works okay now - the last engine it saw was a 401 AMC (the "Rambler" motor in my Jeep..) and now Lolita's 388 W. Works just fine so far, but it was somewhat marginal with the fully loaded 401. If I had it to do over, I get a stouter stand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts