Well, I got the oil pump in and working, got the driveshaft in too.
But all I need to do is get the darn car started. I'm not as scared as last week because I at least have lubrication in the cylinders.
here's what I know:
1) I have spark to the plugs, I pulled one and watched it spark as I cranked the engine.
2) I put fuel into the fuel filter canister
3) put some fuel into the carb to get it 'primed'.
4) pretty sure the distributor is set up on the right 'tooth'
What I don't know:
1) unsure about the fuel pump working. Even though i had it rebuilt, I don't see fuel going into the carb. But with the fuel I put in, i would expect to at least get a hint of turnong over.
2) not sure still about the rally pac wiring. I swear I needed to have that hooked up (when the car worked years ago) to start the car. I have the rally pac wiring diagram, but would rather not use the rally pac just yet because the clock is being repaired. (did I need the clock wires plugged in too)
As usual, any ideas are appreciated. I think if I soon don't get it started, I might have to break down and pay someone to take a look at it.