Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep looking to do a slightly unique swap on my '67. Has anyone else thought about, tried or did put a new ford V-10 in their mustang? If so, what would it take. (sometimes, 8 just isn't enough.)

1967 fastback S-code (project)

G

·
0 Posts
Well, it's not a '67 but here's a start...

home.access1.com.au/~ozrunner/V10.html

John

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1572374&a=11950169&p=42963167.jpg

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by FordInliner on 03/07/01 10:30 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

·
Registered
664 Posts
I'm sure I wil be corrected ,but you will most likely have to completely remove the shock towers and replace the entire front suspension with an aftermarket Mustang II setup like the ones from Rod & Custom Motorsports(www.rcmotorsports.net) due to the super wide width of the engine. I have heard of guys putting the 4.6L V-8's in early Mustangs and I've seen the modifications they've had to do and it looks like a major project but I believe it should be similar considering that the V-10 is based on the V-8 . But if you truly want a totally unique vehicle and are not afraid of a little hard work, then it may be worth it to you. A friend of mine has a saying that goes like this "You can put anything into anything, All it takes is guts and money." I hope this sheds some light on the matter,Scott

Every day is a holiday if you love your job.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts