Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might have a shot at one of the new Boss blocks from Ford. I was wondering would it be worth it for someone who couldn't fully put it all together himself ? How bad is the extra costs of parts associated with the Boss.
And the second part of the question is: does this sound like a good deal to anyone but me? 347
A viable alternative for the mechanically challenged.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
notice that Ad said "starting at" What else comes with engine? Carb, intake, pulleys, front cover...etc????
get the particulars. The price sounds good for the HP and TQ displayed.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mostly the car will be for street use and eventually I would like to try it out at on a road course. I'm looking around those numbers of around 350 hp. I would like a decent torque band. That's why I was thinking about the bigger cubes of a 347. Numbers right around where they advertise sound pretty good.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually it's on Ebay where they put on there "This engine is sold without the distributor, carburetor, water pump, wires, and pulleys,
although they are available at an additional cost."
They mention a roller timing set, but alot of other places put a double roller.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
IM Gary AKA 67mousetang ask him about his stroker from WheelerAutomotive. I am pretty sure it was around 4k for the works and aluminum heads.
Only thing these guys can be rather slow.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Did you try DSS in St Charles. There primary business is all out Ford race engines, however, they do sell a nice series of streetable small blocks. And there local.(should anything go wrong)I'm not sure about there price structure though.
John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts