Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of purchasing a 1995 Mutantang GT HO 5.0 Roller engine longblock for my 68 coupe. Need to know if this will work in older models and what is needed for installing, what manual tranny, clutch, etc. Much help is appreciated.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
The only items you need to worry about are the water pump, as the late models are reverse rotational may require new or altered radiator (lower hose)and the dizzy gear, make sure its the right one for your application. Everything else should bolt right up.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
This question is asked about once a week.

What are your intentions with the car? 5 speed? Toploader? Original Z-bar linakage? Cable clutch? Carb? EFI?

Based on what configuration you go with you may have some other issues.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm wide open at this point, car has no tranny or clucth hook ups. Was a 289 2v with 3speed. Any suggestions on which way to go would be appreciated.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi, I have been trying to find and get info on something very similar here in posts. I bought a New 5.0 Roller short block. To put in a 66 Mustang. I was going though some back issues of Mustang Monthly Magazine. I was loking for something else. I came acrossed the JAN 2000 issue. It has what we needed to know in it. VERY GOOD WRITE UP WITH LOTS OF PIC! Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts