Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was working underneath the dash of my car this weekend and found a double boxend wrench hidden up behind the glove box. Needless to say, it was rusted from tip to tip and not worth salvaging. I got to wondering, it would be interesting to know what the wierdest, strangest thing you have found forgotten or hidden in your car? :biggrin:

·
Registered
220 Posts
I found a coin from a air defense artillery unit under my drivers seat in the 1996 Mustang.

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
I guess it would have to be the wrench we found on my front leaf spring bolt on Saturday. I must have left it there when I swapped the leaf springs and put the 9" rear in it in the summer of 2003. This wrench has been on the car now for over a year, and since it's my daily driver, it had about 10k miles and over 10 passes at the drag strip and it still hasn't fallen off. I could not beleive it was there when SacBill found it Saturday.

http://mach1.classic-mustang.net/misc/missing_wrench.jpg

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I, too, found a box end wrench in my car. It was under the back seat. It had the Ford stamp on it.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Two,Outdoor movie tickets from 1970 stuck between the dash panels, and lots a lose change!

:p

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I found a dentyne gum wrapper under the carpet along with one of those plastic key chain tags they use at dealerships, but it was for a different '68 fastback.

·
Registered
274 Posts
How about Riverside County Sheriff's "Evidence" tags attached to the drive shaft, front wiring harness and assorted other parts that we found in the trunk. The tags were dated January 1979.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
When we first got exchevman's fastback, the first thing we did was wash, wax and clean up the inside. There were toenail clippings in the floor of the backseat. :puke:

·
Administrator
19,460 Posts
The first time the battery was replaced in my coupe we found a screwdriver with a foot-long-blade underneath it. Didn't find anything in my fastback but the fire kind of took care of that. :naive:

·
Registered
127 Posts
When ripping apart my GT 350 for restoration, I found an unopened can of Coors beer with the old style pull off tab behind the right rear interior quarter trim panel. You fastback owners know that these are pop riveted on, so it must have been put in there during assembly.(Gotta love those UAW guys!) It was covered in dust and goo. It definately had been there along time. The liquid inside was long gone. The tab seam had split just enough to let the contents escape and the rest evaporate over time. Now if I can just remember where I put it. Hmmmmm.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
In my first, a '65 convertible, a very realistic looking plastic revolver in the heater box...
Strangely enough, it was a one-owner car that a very meek looking secretary in her late 30's drove. ::

·
Registered
9,184 Posts
Under the carpet of my 71 Mach, I found a brandy-new (NOS?) quarter window trim and a bunch of the corresponding trim screws. Guess the Ford employee responsible for that piece set it down, but the carpet guys beat him to the punch. Was nice to have an umfaded reference for the correct interior color....

Oh, and somebody dumped a box of Acme holes on the floorboards too.... :rofl:

·
Registered
759 Posts
When I was restoring my 66 coupe I found a 1966 dime inside the instrument cluster. Oddly enough I had another cluster from a 66 coupe that also has a 1966 dime in it. I now the dimes had to be put in upon assembly as there was no other way into the cluster. Last week, I was replacing the battery apron on my daughter's 66 coupe; I found a 66 dime wedged between the spots at bottom holding the apron to the frame rail.

All 3 cars were built in Edison, NJ. One car was Sept 1965 and the other two cars built the same day 51 cars apart in July 1966.
:jawdrop:

·
Registered
7,965 Posts
A very dead and very dehydrated mouse in the bottom of the rear interior quarter panel, drivers side.

John Harvey

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
A very dead and very dehydrated mouse in the bottom of the rear interior quarter panel, drivers side.

John Harvey

ewwwww. :puke:

·
Registered
612 Posts
In my first stang, a 65 ragtop, I found a whole bunch of dirty Japanese Yen, some rolling papers and a small baggie of dope shoved up behind the glovebox, and some other misc. stuff I cant remember - but I do remember how much crap was jammed up in there. I also have found a bunch of screwdrivers and wrenches behind and underneath panels, etc... :joker:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts