Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever fad a rim blown horn strip reconditioned? My 73 horns work but the rubber activation strip does not. If so where did you get it done. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Never heard of one being rebuilt. They are now making repop for the 69 but not the 70-73 as of yet.The only difference between the 2 are the ends on the wires that hook up to the steering wheel. Your best bet is to find a NOS one. Look to pay around $150 for one.Good Luck

69 Mach 1427 Windsor

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
I have a NOS still in the box rim blow switch for a 70-73. It is brown in color. If you are interested I will sell it to you (for less than an auction price!) Please send me a private email.)

You have to be very careful installing these cause if you pinch them during installation, you can permanent "turn the horn switch on". What I do is before installing, I hook up the wire leads, turn on the key, to make sure the horn does not sound. Then, I know that I am starting with a good switch.

One other thought I had was to make a custom switch on the reverse side of the center pad. That way I can get to the switch quickly, but retain the stock look. I like the broken rim blow horn switch cause I do not accidently sound the horn when I turn the steering wheel, as I used to do before the switch cut out.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NPD now carries a repro for a 73, $144.95. It just seemed like a lot of cash consideriing that it probably costs about $10 bucks to make, one piece of extruded rubber, two strips of copper, and two wires. Oh well what can you do. Thanks for the replys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts