Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. Have money in the bank, a list of parts to order for the glass and doors resto.....then boom. Changed my mind...with a little help from my friends. hehe. Money is now allocated for the front end project on the mustang trailer, and all the associated expenses that goes with a front end such as brakes and steering gearbox rebuild. However, I won't quite have enough money to satisfy all desires, so I moonlighted last week at the farm stacking hay for a few more sheckles. That should cash flow immediate priorities as per front end and steering. Brakes will have to wait. Weatherstripping kit is needed also, so money needs to go there, to get the glass back in. I'm not even going to talk interior goodies, drivetrain or engines. Oh yeah, I splurged on some new/used wheels. They should be here in a couple weeks. I couldn't resist. Sorry door guts, you items will have to wait. This is really a wishy washy post but man, I will have a solid front end under the car in a month and that goal has been in the works for over a year. Anyone out there have a project with a plan?!?!?

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Dan, I (for one) would rather have a solid front end under the car than guts in the doors...I think you made the right choice. Sounds like your project is coming along good, keep at it!

G

·
0 Posts
you'll love the new front end! it makes the thing drive sooo much better. i just changed my priorities and am now trying to get the $$$ for a complete bodywork + paintjob. so much for priorities......

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Suspension is a good choice. You'll probably find your Projects changing from time to time. I've learned not to throw anthing away until I know I don't need it anymore (i.e. - the new part is in my hands).

Your car project is a journey, not a list of scheduled items.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
It just happend to me (again). I pulled my motor to fix a few oil leaks and redetail the engine bay since its too hot to drive in the summer.

I figured I'd maybe bump up the compression a tad and go with a slightly bigger cam Been planning this project for months in advance. Now that I have torn the motor apart, I want to go with a 331 stroker instead.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts