Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.emachineshop.com/

Saw this linked from another board but wanted to give a heads up to those who might have missed it. This company/service will take something you design through CAD and do all kinds of different machine work and ship it to you. They even provide their own free, EASY, 3d CAD software as well as a few tutorials or you can upload your own, GO NUTS! You just design your part and put it in their software and it gives you an on the spot price depending on all the variables(machine style/time, material cost, quantity, finishing, shpiping, etc). I'd suggest going through the website demo as well as downloading the free software and trying the audio tutorials/guides. I see a lot of potential for this in the custom fabrication end, the small pieces you just need one or two of but can't or don't want to fabricate out of bare material yourself. They show all kinds of finished examples from door signs to brackets, you can literally do anything with a little bit of design time and pay them to machine it, rather than pay someone else to design and machine it. I was reading some posts on other forums and saw some finished products that people designed and received and they were really happy with the service and the product.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Nothing new here. As a Mechanical Engineer, I've been having parts made like this for many years. Anymore, we model the part on CAD, E-mail it to the shop, and the complete part is delivered to our doorstep. Most machine shops work in this mode.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Well, it's certainly news to me! I've bookmarked the site for several projects I have in mind. Thanks for the link! ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts