Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 66 convertable with a 1989 performance built HO 302. It has a carter 4bbl 625 cfm carb and new valve cover gaskets. Here is the problem-when i accelerate hard ie pedal all the way down there is a bluish haze that comes out of the drivers side exaust, and a slight smell of burning oil, and a little smoke under the hood under driver side exause manifold cylinder 7. There is no oil leaking from the valve cover. I am thinking there is a small head gasket leek. I can cruise all day with no smoke, it is only when i accelerate hard. I cant get it to do it in park while manually increasing the throttle. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appriciated.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
I agree with sharkmouth... If there is NO oil leak at the valve cover, then it's a bit of a foreign substance being introduced into the combustion chamber and being burnt incompletely.

How old is the motor?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not sure how old the motor is. It was in the car when I bought it, I would have to guess 2-3 years. there is a little film of oil on the bottom of spark plug boot #7.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts