Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, no hate mail please. I guess God thinks better of me than I do. He gave me this blessing and I hope his payback isn't too high.
Heard some rumors about a 69 out in the east end of Long Island. I did some flatfooting and found it. It was a 69. It had been sitting in a barn for some time. I didn't know what to expect and only went to see whatever it was that was there. I fell in love at first sight. It's a 69 GT coupe, M code. No floors but body has never been hit. Aqua with white deluxe interior and vinyl roof. Tilt-away, PDB, AC, 9" open, BUCK TAG!!!, am/fm, hood pins, lighted hood scoop, tinted glass, tach, dual exhaust, excellent console, convenience group, correct striping, wow. the interior is pretty torn but very restorable. Motor sounds healthy. I've had a couple of 69's but favored the 71-73, until now. The grille of the 69 is the best and I feel like I've been handed a winning lottery ticket, considering what I paid the old man for it. Just wanted to let everyone know that there are still buried treasures out there, and you never know when you are going to stumble upon one. I'll post pictures when I figure out how.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
A man after my own heart! Sounds like a great score, can't wait to see pics!!

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Good on ya. Keep your eyes & ears open and be ready. It pays off don't it?

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
lol....you make it sound like you found a pefect R code

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hey everyones ideal Mustang is different. Thats what keeps our hobby interesting. :highfive:

Hows that saying go? One mans trash is another mans treasure.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Congrats! I have an R code 4 speed GT coupe. A nice M code would be nice to have. Good luck with the car.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Sounds like a great find.Any chance you will let us know what you payed for it?

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
LOL I know where there is a 1969 red GT vert either "H" or "M" code just sitting. Yes it's rough. That does it I'm asking next time how much.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Way to go. Another Mustang saved!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Now THAT is a unique find,I'd love to have it..It's always good to hear about one getting saved rather than rotting to the ground...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts