Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know what is the best buy for an S-code fastback . I want to know where to buy the complete set up. Since in P.R we do not have Judged shows I would like to get the more original looking system with the correct exhaust tips but WITHOUT the transverse muffler that I have read is not the best way to get the most out of the system.Where did you buy yours and which muffler do you use with the system. I believe that the diameter is 2'. All opinions and suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I purchased the complete set up, H pipe, rolled edge exhaust tips, transverse muffler from Mustangs Unlimited. Manchester, CT, 1-800-243-7278. This is the correct 2" variety and since I am more concerned with show than performance, I felt it was the best offering for the money. I also purchased the correct complete set up for my R code from them. Hope that helps and if you want to see the completed project go to; http://photos.mustangsbymike.com/1969-Mach-1-Indian-Fire-Red?page=2

Mike

·
Registered
662 Posts
SCODEMIKE What is the sound like from that system?
By the way The car looks awsome

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
I have the set up that's been on the car for about 30 years; after the H-pipe it has straight (no cross-over) pipes flowing through a couple of bullet steel-packed low restriction mufflers that hang from the original brackets. After the rear axle it continues toward the stock chrome extentions via 2" pipe.
Not obnoxious but a very healthy sound; I've gotten lots of compliments. You should have no problem having a set-up like that done at any decent muffler shop. The only thing that had to be done was to tack weld a piece of metal to the side of the mufflers in order to attach the hangers.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Mike!! AND the others who responded It was very helpful to hear the opinions.

Nice car Mike!!! I want mine to look like yours when finished, Who did the restoration?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts