Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Welp.

I just had my exhaust welded up. It sucks.

I have a 351w with world heads + hedman headers and they will not work together. The headers come down below the engine compartment just fine but the collectors run down about 1/4-1/8" in line with the cross member. The world heads are slightly taller and raise the overall height of the headers.

I am forced to have a 2" pipe that leads to my existing 2.25" pipe until I can afford to purchase shorty heads and get some type of X/H pipe /forums/images/icons/frown.gif.

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Hooker Super Comp or Ford Powertrain(?) provide a header that would be perfect for your setup. Ask me how I know.

Nice ride, by the way.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
I'll have to find the invoice for the hedman headers that I bought. I'll look it up and get back to you.

How do you know /forums/images/icons/smile.gif?

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Justen,

Check out this link "The Dart head "lack of proper header" dilemma may be over!" on the top of my homepage www.mustangrestomod.com. I have a solution for the Dart II/351-W nightmare, and its a good one. The headers I received from Ford Powertrain Applications were perfect in fit and quality. It took me 3 years to find these guys and am very happy with their product. I opted for the ceramic coating and like the results.

They are 1-3/4 long tubes with a 3 inch ball flange. I'm running 3 inch tubes all the way to the Spintech mufflers and 2-1/2 pipes over the axles. I even have the full TCP sub-frame connector and x-brace kit on my car. The best part is that the whole system in virtually invisible. You have to get on your hands and knees too see the exhaust system as it tucks up really nice. I cut and hand fitted the 3" mandrel bent tubing myself but it was well worth the effort.

I previously had the Hooker SuperComp headers(that everyone swore would fit properly...NOT!!) on my car and got tired of taking the headers off to change the spark plugs. I test fitted 3 different Headman headers that didn't work well either because I have a toploader in my car with factory linkage.

Please contact me if you need more details or information. I can dig out some pictures as well.
Leonard

1 - 4 of 4 Posts