Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm paranoid and don't trust any shops around my house to do the exhaust "right" on my mustang. Would it make sense to purchase the American Thunder kit from Flowmaster and mount it the way I want from HPipe back. I'm also installing new shorty headers.

I probably won't be able to get the headers hooked to the hpipe myself, so I was thinking about just taking the car over to a shop to have them connect the headers to the hpipe and then weld up all the joints.

The benefit here is that I put the hangars in, installed the headers etc...

How does the American Thunder kit fit on a 67? I know it's only listed for 65/66 but others have said it works just as well on 67/68's...

Thanks,
Andy

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
why dont yo just take it into a shop, and have them just install a full exhaust system with an x pipe provided from their shop? i had a local shop here in san jose install my 2 1/2" flowmaster 2 chamber exhaust with x pipe all for around 350 bucks. i recently took my gf's mustang in and had them do the same thing for 350 cash. i think you should just take it into a reputable shop and have them do it for you

1 - 2 of 2 Posts