Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the thread size for exhaust manifold studs on MY67 289 ? Is it 7/16 x 14 ? and is it UNC or UNF ?
I want to buy it in EU, so need to know in detaills as those are not standard one.

·
Registered
526 Posts
If you're running stock heads, they should be 3/8 x 16 NC bolts. If you've used studs instead, they should be 3/8 x 16 on both ends. But, if you use the brass nuts as 289vert says, Warsaw might get cold enough to freeze the brass nuts off a Mustang. LMAO

·
Premium Member
10,323 Posts
Everybody needs to be on the same page here. Are we talking about the bolts that attach the manifolds to the heads (3/8"-16) or the studs in the manifold where the exhaust pipe attaches (7/16"-14)?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Everybody needs to be on the same page here. Are we talking about the bolts that attach the manifolds to the heads (3/8"-16) or the studs in the manifold where the exhaust pipe attaches (7/16"-14)?
OK, struts for me is something that protrude outside the element. In exhaust manifold is towards exhaust.
For heads I have not seen struts as thread are in heads so just bolts are needed (I have them).
BTW. If I will not find those brass studs (7/16"-14), can I use standard (iron) ones ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts