Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How loud is the '65 shelby glasspack style exhaust? I was thinking about putting it on my 65 fastback with a 302 and hooker comp headers. I love the look of it coming out the side.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I have that set up, personally I love the sound and find it plenty loud. It wakes up the neighbors in the morning. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
The Shelby setup is definitely loud. IMHO, it also sounds "raspy" and is hard on the ears - Can you tell I'm getting old??? /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

If you're looking for a nice aggreessive sound that won't deafen you, and like the look of side exits, check my setup out....

Pictures are located toward the bottom of THIS PAGE. You can see video/hear sound here.

Nice tone at idle, quiet at cruise, and ROARS when you get on it. Tri-Y headers, 2.5" pipe, X-pipe, and Dynomax Super Turbos (17675 - 2.25" / 17676 - 2.5" - $49 each at Summit) You can run whatever you wish for tips - mine came from Spintrap, and were the most expensive part of the setup.

You might also do a search for "side exit" - there were a couple good posts about them before.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for all the replies, im definitely going to look into it further. Im going to try to find a wav of the glasspacks before I make my decision, and I really like your setup gt350 clone. Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts