Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '67 fastback s-code. I'm in need of a complete exhaust system. Any thoughts? I want a nice sound. Nothing overly loud but with a agressive sound.

Michael G.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Several years back, I bought (from Branda I think), an aluminized factory style stock system for the GTA; H-pipe, tranverse muffler with two resonators. It has a bit of the Bullitt sound to it, but milder. The Hi-Po has 3 chamber Flowmasters and definitely growls and has harmoinic resonations. The problem, with with my ears, is that they don't hear the same as yours. What's good to me may be unacceptable to you. If you could listen to some already installed systems you would be better able to decide.

65 Hi-Po F/B
67 GTA F/B (small block)
MCA 27479

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i second that, go to some cruises and listen to rides with similar engine setups to hear what your pony will sound like with different combos, and no, Flowmaster is not the only muffler company...

Hey! this post finally makes me a non- newbie!

Todd Dietrich
[email protected]
'66 Fastback
Allentown, PA
ObsidianSpider on AOL IM
http://home.att.net/~obsidianspider/5lugwormviewsmall.jpg<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by 66BOSS351 on 03/15/01 08:04 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

·
Registered
560 Posts
Maple Grove Raceway is having a swap meet next weekend 3/24-3/25. I saw you're from Atown and though you may be intersested.
Dave

66 Signal Flare Red Vert
302 2V, 15X7 Cragar SS's with 205/60s

1 - 4 of 4 Posts