Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys whats up I know your just waiting for another interesting post my me. Well Im thinking ahead as always, and with the new headers I have purchased my exhaust system will have to be modified. Also the with the new rear suspension the exhaust rubbs ont he rear sway bar. So my thought was to put side exiting exhaust to completely eliminate and complications in the rear. Now the real question I have is can I do this myself because I think the exhaust guy is going to charge me the same he did to do it the way it is now and I dont have the money to spend it all over again. I hear the main problem is with pipe bending. Is there anyway to get around this. Just look for help from others and what there expieriences have been.

Thanks John

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just add new pipes from the headers to the mufflers, then everthing should work out !!!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"I" would run a cheap home-made dual 2 1/2" side exhaust dumping right in front of the rear wheel's with just straight pipe. Cheap, easy, unique, and will sound badass. Maybe even some type of X over pipe if you can weld. Everybody mustang(me too)has the no-frills dual pipes exiting under the rear valance with chrome tips. Then again, every hot rod has side pipes...Just a thought..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts