Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having the exhaust done (prior was scrapped early in the restoration process). This is a 69 fastback with the rear valance cut outs (notches) for the exhaust tips. The guy doing the work is telling me I need tips that are different (e.g. left is not the same as right) due to the way the pipes need to run. Every mustang supply store (website) I have looked at show these tips as being interchangeable.

It looks like I need the GT style tips but again, the left and right look to be the same.

Any input/clarifications much appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
He sounds goofy to me...all the 69 Mach 1's came with "quad" exhaust and the tips are identical. I dont know why you would need different exhaust tips on each side.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
The 65-66 tips are left and right specific. The 67-69's are interchangeable left to right. He may just be familiar with 65-66.
Thanks, Doc
877-542-3627
P.S. Be sure to get the stainless steel ones and not the chromed steel.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
6t9mach1 said:
He sounds goofy to me...all the 69 Mach 1's came with "quad" exhaust and the tips are identical. I dont know why you would need different exhaust tips on each side.
All 4V Mach 1s came with dual exhaust. The 351-2V Mach 1s came a single exhaust and of course no cut outs.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
All 4V Mach 1s came with dual exhaust. The 351-2V Mach 1s came a single exhaust and of course no cut outs.
You're right; my bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts