1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I havent tried them but have been thinking about it...

A little bit to exxy to bite the bullet since my rubber bushes are working ok for the time being. That and I dont really want any extra harshness in the ride yet... If you try them let me know :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
Was giving RRS a look myself about a year ago. Problem is? They're based in Australia. And while I've nothing against it if someone does, but anything you buy? You have to wait to get shipped over. Replacement bits? Shipped over. Questions? International calls or e-mails and prayer.

Again, nothing against the product. But, you might look into Total Control, Dynamic Racing, or Opentracker Racing before committing to a company that's oversea's.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was giving RRS a look myself about a year ago. Problem is? They're based in Australia....
An Australian company yes. But the parts sell through NPD and others so I doubt service issues would be an issue.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I just called them on their American "866" number and the rep told me they do not recommend them on street driven cars. He said it was due to too much road noise and vibration being transmitted by these devices for street use.

I am not going to look any further if the people selling the thing says not to use it on a street car.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am not going to look any further if the people selling the thing says not to use it on a street car.
Well fair enough. But I'd like to understand what might be inherent in this design that would make it less "streetable" than the various other strut rods using a "solid" bearing.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Well fair enough. But I'd like to understand what might be inherent in this design that would make it less "streetable" than the various other strut rods using a "solid" bearing.
I understand that completely. I do not have that kind of curious mind and had pretty much made up my mind to fabricate my own version of the adjustable strut rods anyway.

·
Registered
571 Posts
FWIW, I bought a set of adjustable strut rods from rosehill performance and got them installed yesterday. They were quite a bit cheaper than the other options I had looked at, and I'm happy with them. I picked them up for $260 shipped, whereas most all of the other ones I looked at were $350+.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Reality is it probably isnt any less streetable than other solid bearing designs. Load paths are essentially the same through similar materials so it cant be wildly different.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Reality is it probably isnt any less streetable than other solid bearing designs. Load paths are essentially the same through similar materials so it cant be wildly different.
The person on the phone tried to sell my some urethane bushings after he told me not to use this on my street car. I told him the word is that the urethane put too much stress on the rod causing them to break and he acted like he had no clue what I was talking about. It may just be that the salesman I talked with had no clue period. LOL

·
Vendor
5,289 Posts
The person on the phone tried to sell my some urethane bushings after he told me not to use this on my street car. I told him the word is that the urethane put too much stress on the rod causing them to break and he acted like he had no clue what I was talking about. It may just be that the salesman I talked with had no clue period. LOL
I wouldn't use polyurethane bushings:

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I wouldn't use polyurethane bushings:

I've heard tell of installing the washers upside down (backward?) to allow more flexibility. Seems half-assed at best to me, but may make one feel safer as a stop gap.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts