Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever use the export brace that MPGheads makes ? I was wondering if that could be installed with the original one still in place ? Any comments are welcome. Thanks,

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is what I was thinking of getting. But I want to keep the original also. If I add the after market ones made for the 66 (wishbone shaped) it looks like you have to cut the welded brackets off of the towers ( or just leave the stub ). And they won't fit with the original braces.

http://www.mpgheads.com/expbrac.htm

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I have not used these, but looks like that same type have brace from TCP (totalcontrolproducts.com) and Winsor-Fox (www.windsor-fox.com). I would guess that you could leave the original tabs welded to the shock tower but might look goofy. Also, not sure of the advantages of the quick release. If you like them and got the extra cash, why not?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you leave the original wimpy brace on? How about the ear that the original brace fits into, the piece welded to the tower? I would like to leave the original one there. I don't want to cut anything (paint done). Also from the pictures it looks though the hood might hit on the firewall end. How close does it get? Thanks for the info, I wanted a little back round before giving them a call. Did you buy it directly from them ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts