Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm not sure if anyone will appreciate this, but I decided that I could neaten up my export brace appearance - specifically by getting rid of the cable ties I was using to secure my heater hoses and vaccuum hoses to the booster and PCV.

The pictures below are pretty self explanatory, using folded washers, a MIG and a black spray bomb. The cable ties will now be out of view below the brace.

The brace had to come off to allow me to fit a residual pressure valve for the rear brakes, and the PCV is blanked as I lost a lot of knuckle skin to it - it'll get reconnected when the brace goes back on.

Thanks for reading!

·
Hi, how ya doin
2,492 Posts
That is an ingenious idea, thanks for sharing as I am about to install my heater hoses. (y)

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
Why is the pcv on the drivers rear valve cover and the oil cap on the passenger front ?
Just curious As pcv is usually on passenger rear and filler cap on drivers front .

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why is the pcv on the drivers rear valve cover and the oil cap on the passenger front ?
Just curious As pcv is usually on passenger rear and filler cap on drivers front .
Cheapo valves covers I guess - they're no-name Jegs own brand aluminium ones

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I tried that but it makes no difference. I guess they were cheap for a reason, although they're nicely made and don't leak

·
Spammer Hammer
10,840 Posts
If he swapped them, the oil fill would be on the driver back under the export brace and the PCV would be on the passenger front. Neither of which is ideal.

·
Registered
21,344 Posts
That's a great idea! I love simple DIY projects like that catch your eye. Well done!

When I put my Edelbrock carb on I was looking for to locate my fuel filter. I took a flat washer and welded a piece of 1/8" rod at a angle to the washer then about 1 inch I made a 90° bend. After that I slipped 2 short pieces of vacuum line hose on. The gap between the 2 hoses allow the seam on the fuel filter. I used a hose clamp to secure the fuel filter. The washer went under the middle valve cover bolt on the right side of the carburator. The fuel filter was now out of sight and harm between the valve cover and carburator.

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
I did something similar but lazy on my part to try and hide all the FiTech wiring. I drilled holes in the export brace and used factory style hold downs underneath. works fine for wires!

·
Registered
36,519 Posts
You can simply swap sides with the valve covers..
Hmmm… That would put the oil cap back by the master cylinder, and the PCV at the front of the engine. Essentially, they are machined "wrong".

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
That's a great idea! I love simple DIY projects like that catch your eye. Well done!

When I put my Edelbrock carb on I was looking for to locate my fuel filter. I took a flat washer and welded a piece of 1/8" rod at a angle to the washer then about 1 inch I made a 90° bend. After that I slipped 2 short pieces of vacuum line hose on. The gap between the 2 hoses allow the seam on the fuel filter. I used a hose clamp to secure the fuel filter. The washer went under the middle valve cover bolt on the right side of the carburator. The fuel filter was now out of sight and harm between the valve cover and carburator.
Blah Blah BLah - THIS POST IS USELESS WITHOUT PHOTOS!!!

Looks like we lost the cool emoticons we had including the caps above...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts