Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked a while back if Dennis Carpenter made exterior handles. I was looking for an alternative to the aftermarket guy that feels it necessary to put his name on all the parts. I found them! NPD sells original tooling exterior door handles for everything except the 67-68 cars. The actually have a Ford trademark and best of all no other guys name on them. They look great. So if you need 65, 66, 69, 70 door handles I recommend these. Voting with my wallet.

·
Premium Member
4,935 Posts
How are the Scott Drake repo's?
I have a set that I haven't installed yet,
should I worry? :(

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
1968KR said:
I asked a while back if Dennis Carpenter made exterior handles. I was looking for an alternative to the aftermarket guy that feels it necessary to put his name on all the parts. I found them! NPD sells original tooling exterior door handles for everything except the 67-68 cars. The actually have a Ford trademark and best of all no other guys name on them. They look great. So if you need 65, 66, 69, 70 door handles I recommend these. Voting with my wallet.

Whats up with no 67/68 (I know you can't answer that), but it seems they are turning into the redheaded stepchildren. There is no cheap aluminum radiator, TMI does not offer the lumbar seat kits for '68,now no GOOD repop door handles WTF?

·
Premium Member
4,935 Posts
fast68back said:
Whats up with no 67/68 (I know you can't answer that), but it seems they are turning into the redheaded stepchildren. There is no cheap aluminum radiator, TMI does not offer the lumbar seat kits for '68,now no GOOD repop door handles WTF?
Maybe so on those parts but you have the 67/68 Dynacorn body!!! (not that I wish I had one)

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
NPD shows original Ford tooling outside door handles 65/66 and 69/70
are the same. $62.95 each side, no button or mechanism! Maybe the original
67/68 tooling is lost?

·
Registered
10,197 Posts
fast68back said:
There is no cheap aluminum radiator, TMI does not offer the lumbar seat kits for '68,now no GOOD repop door handles WTF?
WTF? LOL....

Try owning a 71-3....

No full quarters
No cowl panels
No replacement harnesses
No cheap trim
No cheap parts, period!

Oh yeah, and no "replacement body shell" either...

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
65fastback6 said:
How are the Scott Drake repo's?
I have a set that I haven't installed yet,
should I worry? :(

Wavy on the top.

N

·
0 Posts
Hemikiller said:
fast68back said:
There is no cheap aluminum radiator, TMI does not offer the lumbar seat kits for '68,now no GOOD repop door handles WTF?
WTF? LOL....

Try owning a 71-3....

No full quarters
No cowl panels
No replacement harnesses
No cheap trim
No cheap parts, period!

Oh yeah, and no "replacement body shell" either...
Dont forget to add this one:
fits 1965-1970
trim for 71-73
So even half the parts that fit a 71-73 you still have to make them fit. We 65-66 guys really are spoiled rotten

1 - 12 of 12 Posts