Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen photos of cars that have an "extra" brace from the cowl to the front fender (ahead of the shock tower). The 66 coupe that I bought had a pair of these in with all the other parts. I got 2 sets of stock shock tower braces plus these. I don't have a hole/attach point on fender (unless they are supposed to use a fender bolt). I have the stock L6 engine but the PO had several Mustangs that he built/restored so I don't know if these were for convertibles or big block cars.

·
Premium Member
6,107 Posts
Yeah sounds like you got some convertible parts in there

·
Registered
972 Posts
Me thinks he is referring to a 65/66 with export brace.

·
Premium Member
13,231 Posts
Sounds like convertible braces to me. The '65 braces attached to a bracket that was bolted to the fender apron. The bracket and possibly the brace were specific for each side- left or right. The '66 braces attached directly to the apron and were not specific to either side. That's how I recall but possibly incorrect.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It sounds like that is what I have. I just placed the bars where I think they would go. I didn't find any brackets that might fasten to the fender though.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,799 Posts
It sounds like that is what I have. I just placed the bars where I think they would go. I didn't find any brackets that might fasten to the fender though.
Vert braces are what you've got, and this pic gives a clue about how they were attached.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all. Since I don't have convertible fenders, I now have extra parts. I doubt they would have any use on a coupe.

·
Premium Member
6,107 Posts
Put em on eBay or something and get an export brace.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually, if there is anyone here that needs them, I'd have no problem giving them away (just pay for shipping) (no charge for the "handling"). They'd need to be cleaned up though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts