Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you remember, the other day I heard that a friend of a friend had several mustangs he was getting rid of for free. 1 claimed to be a 64.5 and at least one fastback year unknown. There were others as well in the 66-68 coupe category.

Anyway I get to the guy's house yesterday, and he had already given ALL of them away to whoever drove by and wanted one. I was so frustrated. I thought I had expressed how interested I was. Oh well, can't get too upset. I told the guy that he should have waited and wished him luck. Turns out he was getting rid of them because of a divorce and he was moving out. Bummer for everyone

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
That stinks! People do some crazy things when they get divorced.

My bad news of the day is that I found out one of the "garaged-for-years" cars I know about recently got sold. It was a 67 vert. Oh well. The owners of the one I *really* want have my name and number. How can I get their daughter not to want it now? ;) It's a 66 A code coupe 3 speed...signalflare red. I love it. Complete and bone stock. No rust that I can find.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Awww, that ought to be easy! Just think of the "quirks" about a '60s-era car and point out how the "modern" cars have all the bases covered! You know, manual vs power steering, manual vs power brakes, standard vs automatic, factory air, electric door locks, power windows, INSURANCE, etc. Now the real questions is this: how well would you sleep if you were successful? ::

·
Registered
356 Posts
Better yet, depending on the age of the daughter, you can try and convince the parents of the incredible safety features in modern cars compared to that 'unsafe' old care. Airbags, anti-lock brakes, three-point seatbelts, crumple zones, soft interior surfaces, collapsable steering column, etc. etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts