Vintage Mustang Forums banner

F!#*ing Cops, Rant

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  kketell 
G
#1 ·
I just got pulled over in my 1974 ford with a custom paintjob and all that good stuff. He pulled me over and asked if it was even road worthy (she's a little rusty but still looks darn good with the paint) and he was just tearing me apart picking at every little detail like clearence lights, fenders that like to wave in the wind a little bit, also he questioned me about my hood pins for safety at the truck pulls which are what the truck is mainly used for and what really got me was the loud exaust, In 74 theyre werent any restrictions on exaust other than they need mufflers which I have, cherry bombs are what I have and he said that they are illegal and I fought with him for while until he gave up and handed back my licence and said allright, GO. no ticket so i am lucky. still pi$$es me off though. just a rant thanx

#2 ·
Just remember that his badge gives him the right to be an a$$hole. Glad to hear no tickets.

69 Mach 1 427 Windsor

G
#4 ·
The bad thing about them is we need them! What I hate is I get off work at 3 AM & they think that by turning on the lights in a cruiser they can run every red light because they don't want to wait! Thank God for cell phones. I call & ask if they're on a claa. If not I ask for the shift commander. He is friends with my wife from some volunteer work she does. Now if they'll just DO something! Don't even get me started on being 44 & going cruising!

#5 ·
You just wait. They'll pop up when you least expect it....and wham...they gotcha. Be careful. They'll use any little excuse to try and tag you.

G
#6 ·
You got very lucky. My stepson lives in a small crappy town just outside of Philly. He was coming home from work a few weeks ago at 4AM. Hes a good kid, no drinking, no drugs, and works long hard hours for a pittance. His only fault is that he is sloppy as all get go. A deer ran out in front of him and he tried to avoid hitting it, but clipped a power pole. Car was still driveable, he had no cell phone, it was 4AM, and everything was closed. He hobbled up the road 1/2 mile to his grandma's place and called the cops who arrived before he finished making the call. To make a long story short, he ended up with $2,000 worth of tickets. This bastage of a cop picked stuff out of his rear end just to write it up because he hates this kid. Everytime something happens in the town and they do not have a definite witness to the contrary, they came knocking to ask where he was/is. If he did not supply a definitive answer with witnesses to bach him up, he got a citation for what ever offense had occurred. His mom had to move out of town to get away from the harrassment. Two weeks ago the boy tried to kill himself because he could not cope with the crap anymore. I was at the station to ream a cop a new bung hole, and thats what he got too. Every jerk cop in that station knew what happened, and that we were pissed off, and intended to go to the Governors office. The boy was OK thankfully as his girlfriend found him in time. There is now a formal complaint with the Governors office, and the state Attorney General got a copy as well. If the people don't speak out against crooked cops, they continue get away with their tactics. The police have a hard enough time trying to do a good job without a few bad jerks in there ruining their play.

#7 ·
Its a shame, but a couple of locales around here have young cops with attitude problems. I had one try to write me up for putting flares out at a nightime accident before the cops arrived. The older cops are alright, but some of the kids . . .

Carl

#9 ·
Get a load of this... Talk about luck. I had someone do a hit and run on my 2002 ranger on the 2nd (three days ago) durring the night. The idiot flew the scene and left all the evidence there. I had his drivers miror, the broken pieces, the paint color scrathed into my pain and a small chip of the Forest Green Matalic paint stuck into my bumper. I did my research and came up with a match. it was a 95 Chevy S10 pickup and the only color green for that year was a Forest Green Matalic. When he hit me dirt fell on the ground. (Bingo!!!) I now know the color, make, year and that he lives on a dirt street. I hit the streets yesterday moring and low and behold the idiot left his truck parked out on the side street about a mile away from me. I live just outside of Detroit, MI. I had the broken pieces that fit exactly into hit truck where the mirror broke off. He fessed up and boy is his sister going to be mad at him for the rest of his life. The insurance is in his sisters name and the truck was his brothers. I hope his family members rip him a new A*&* &ole. He is going to get what he deserves.
65 Mustang in restoration in the garage.
Brent

G
#12 ·
I hear you on that one man. My baby is the wonderful red color that every cop in town loves to pick on. =( Thats how it goes though. I was driving my mom's car('97 BMW Z3) one day, got pulled over by some young guy and the first words out of his mouth were "My wife has one of these car's and I dont even get to drive it" WTF is That!? He then proceded to tell me to "learn to keep your foot the F^ck of the pedal" never mind that my g/f(16 yrs old) was sitting next to me. Some cops just dont understand that you dont have to be an A$$hole to get your point across.
-Ryan

G
#13 ·
The only thing I have gotten from the police in my Mustang to date is a thumbs up.

Count your blessings you live in Sunnyvale, Kent. I truly believe that the mandatory dual roles that public safety officers in Sunnyvale must perform (fireman for awhile, then police officer, then fireman) makes them better public servants.

Seriously, how many a$$hole firemen have you met? Every city should do it that way.

#14 ·
You may be correct on this one. I have dealt with both the police and EMT folk and they are all very nice people.

Back in the day, when I lived in HI, most of the police got into the job so that they could be bullies. They went from being highschool bullies to police officers with very little change in attitude. There were some exceptions, but they were pretty rare.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.