Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Along with a quarter panel replacement I need to also replace the rocker panel. I buy a repo rocker from John's Mustang in Houston. It is an AP RDOT, whatever that means, but it is made in Taiwan and it for 65-67. The width of the channel on top is different. I don't know what to do. Does anyone know if there are any manufactures of rocker panels that would be closer to the original?

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Yes. Call one of the Mustang parts guys and have them cut a used set off of an original. That's what I do. It's a pain cause you have to drill out all the welds, but guess what - IT FITS. Just did one on a 67 fastback - looks great.

Send me an e-mail and I'll send you a phone #

Dave ::

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Hi,
Your best bet is to use rust free originals.I had a few pairs,threw them out,then discovered mine was rotted.I used the repo that you have they are all being made by the same people.I noticed that the channel was narrower but I made it work no problem and once installed the door sill plate covers the whole channel anyway.My car is only going to be a driver,but I figured I'd give you a little food for thought.Good luck with whatever you decide.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts