Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
F1 slow motion @ German Gran Prix ... click on the 2nd picture to play the slow motion footage.

It's amazing to see just how much force/flex is going on during cornering. The slow motion camera reveals things our eyes could never see.

·
Vendor
5,286 Posts
That Toyota's end plate waggling around is kind of funny.

What is interesting is look at the tub, steering wheel and suspension links. No sign of deflection. Even under enormous gforce they are super stiff.

I would hate to see my car through that camera. I bet it would be wobbling around like a wet noodle...

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Shaun said:
That Toyota's end plate waggling around is kind of funny.

What is interesting is look at the tub, steering wheel and suspension links. No sign of deflection. Even under enormous gforce they are super stiff.

I would hate to see my car through that camera. I bet it would be wobbling around like a wet noodle...
That's what I noticed too. Tire and wing are all over the place, but suspension arms don't move at all!

·
Registered
396 Posts
I was reading an article about Klaus Arning, and it sounded like Klaus felt the same way. That it was mostly in the tire, and not the suspension. I got the drift, that he didn't care too much for this idea (being that suspension was his whole life).
Until I read the article, I'd never put the two together. I mistakenly thought the CF control arms flexed more like the wings.
Pretty awesome to see this in slo-mo.
Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts