Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Our 69 Mach 1 was built at the Milpitas Plant in Oct. 1968.
We've had the car since 1973 and currently are 90% finished with a 100% rotisserie restoration As I was cleaning parts, I found a brand new shinny 1968 penny stuffed inside the glove box door. There was no way it could have got there except from a factory worker at the plant. We've heard stories of things done to the cars on the assembly line by the workers, so thought I'd see if any of you have had a similar experience. We have proudly mounted it in the back behind the fold down seat. We used one of the original hood lock circles as our frame.
So, if any of you have a car built at the Milpitas Plant...check your glove box door!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Both those stories are super cool! And I thought it was neat when I found my entire build sheet ... if there is any change in my car it's probably because my kids dropped it.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I found 17 marijuana roaches under the seats when I bought my used 65 Fastback in 1980. :cool:
There were some hippie stickers on the windows and body, and fridge magnets on the dash of the Nightmist coupe I got for my younger son, last tagged in '76...
But all the roaches were of a different kind !!

·
Registered
737 Posts
When I removed the passenger side seat pan, I found 2 quarters stuck to the floor under the seat platform. Both were 1965 dated.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
My car was made in Dearborn. Under the carpet, I found a few things. There were holes in the floorpan burned by a misaligned spotwelder all the way from the trunk to the to the torque box. There was the underdash support to the master cylinder and it's nuts and bolts laying just below where they belonged. Under the drivers seat was the build sheet and a build sheet for a Musang. From the outside, the car is beautifully assembled. All the panels, moldings, doors and gaps are above average.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
My car was delivered with some gas tank screw deletes (for lighter weight while handling I guess), some custom assembly line stripped threads for interior panels, as well as the no-cost RPO factory trunk leak. But on the positive side, being a Canadian ordered car, it was also delivered with a sealed set of Centennial coins as a dealer incentive. We still have the coins, here's a pic.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I found a handful of new unused interior chrome screws in a paper water cup under the carpet of a '66 coupe I've got. I always figured the line worker left it on the floor pan and the carpet guys missed it.

·
Registered
627 Posts
My car was delivered with some gas tank screw deletes (for lighter weight while handling I guess), some custom assembly line stripped threads for interior panels, as well as the no-cost RPO factory trunk leak. But on the positive side, being a Canadian ordered car, it was also delivered with a sealed set of Centennial coins as a dealer incentive. We still have the coins, here's a pic.

View attachment 743284
Do you have any information on that incentive ?

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
when i first got my car i found a pair of pantyhose under the rear seat. according to my wife it was high grade stuff and not the CVS or 7-11 $1.99 pair
doubt it was a factory worker but some one was keeping busy back there., no i didnt frame it lol

I always surmised a woman owned the car at one time due to the rashes on the arm rest and door pad like from bracelets rubbing on it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
when i first got my car i found a pair of pantyhose under the rear seat. according to my wife it was high grade stuff and not the CVS or 7-11 $1.99 pair
doubt it was a factory worker but some one was keeping busy back there., no i didnt frame it lol

I always surmised a woman owned the car at one time due to the rashes on the arm rest and door pad like from bracelets rubbing on it
Check inside your glove box door.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
When I pulled the back seat out of my GT350 I found a bunch of "pop rivet" stems from installation of the side scoops , brake cooling hoses and traction bar "booties".
Randy

1 - 20 of 20 Posts