Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
You didn't include where the car was built or the year but would believe that the mark was not applied at any of the factories

Could have been applied for allot of reasons - location does not serve many purposes for dealerships, prior owner or other things that come to mind. But because ti looks much more recent and the car appears to have been rolled over (lots of sunlight it appears on the surfaces) you might be right in that the yard may have applied an reference number to the car

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You didn't include where the car was built or the year but would believe that the mark was not applied at any of the factories

Could have been applied for allot of reasons - location does not serve many purposes for dealerships, prior owner or other things that come to mind. But because ti looks much more recent and the car appears to have been rolled over (lots of sunlight it appears on the surfaces) you might be right in that the yard may have applied an reference number to the car
It's a Dearborn car. Produced Nov 11, '68.

With regard to having "been rolled over", that's interesting. Although the car seems generally solid, there are clues that give me the feeling it had major work done to it. When you say "lots of sunlight it appears on the surfaces", I'm not sure what it's supposed to look like. I'm assuming the whole car was not upside down as the car is in too good of condition, but I'd believe major surgery on the front end perhaps. I'll pay attention to what the metal looks like as it moves past the firewall to see if that apparent sunlight changes.

Registered
schlappy Since your first post mentioned junk yard I leaped to the conclusion that you were taking this picture in a yard. If in a yard the area in the picture would have been in the shade so that idea suggested that the body may have been rolled over so you could see and take notice of the marking. There was no suggestion, and I didnt' ask if this was your car or where the car was. Now looking at the picture again the small area that shows the background it appears that the area is lite by a light and we can see what maybe the ceiling of the building in the back ground

Hope that explains how I saw the picture in the original post and in turn my comment

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
schlappy Since your first post mentioned junk yard I leaped to the conclusion that you were taking this picture in a yard. If in a yard the area in the picture would have been in the shade so that idea suggested that the body may have been rolled over so you could see and take notice of the marking. There was no suggestion, and I didnt' ask if this was your car or where the car was. Now looking at the picture again the small area that shows the background it appears that the area is lite by a light and we can see what maybe the ceiling of the building in the back ground

Hope that explains how I saw the picture in the original post and in turn my comment
Sorry about that. It was in my garage, a couple of feet off the ground so I couldn't get a wide-enough angled pic to give context. So this is not a Ford marking and I can paint over it, right?

Registered
Since you have documented I would not reproduce it on your final product. If something new is discovered or uncovered in the future you can add it back but don't think that is going to happen

Registered
Does not look like any Factory marking I have seen. I agree with J, document it, but don鈥檛 reproduce it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts