Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to determine what numbers or letters were originally on the bottom of my 68 Mustang Differential. All I can make out is a possible "7" or "2" as the last digit.

Does anybody know what these numbers represented or what determined what numbers were painted on. thanks

·
Registered
839 Posts
I can't answer your question, but my unit has extremely large painted letters/numbers on the bottom in yellow paint. A San Jose car, May build. I don't remember what the markings are, I would have to look again.

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
SunlitGold68 said:
Trying to determine what numbers or letters were originally on the bottom of my 68 Mustang Differential. All I can make out is a possible "7" or "2" as the last digit.

Does anybody know what these numbers represented or what determined what numbers were painted on. thanks
If your discribing the large handwritten marks on the bottom of the housing I can;t be of any help. Most of the time they are destroyed and/or are very difficult to read. They appear not to be on every housing and have not found a worker who could identify their purpose (if there was one) on the line.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts