Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is 69 tilt wheels more in demand than 67's?

I had posted a question on another forum, and was told that 69 tilt columns are more in demand. I would of thought more the opposite being 67's more. I want to put a tilt wheel in my 67 and had thought about converting the 69 tilt that I have over. After reviewing all of the modifications, I think I will pass on converting the 69 to 67.

I know 67 tilts can be had for $250 to $450 depending on completeness, but haven't been able to find any prices for 69's.
Would the 69 tilt be comparable in price, or possibly more? I may see about selling or trading it for what I need, just want to get some figures down before pursuing it.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
I put a tilt column in my 69 over the winter. It is not the swing-away column and I payed $425 for it on that banned auction site. I have seen them sell for more. I even had a guy write me after I bought this column and offer me $500 for it.

69 Mach 1 427 Windsor

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I bought one for my 71 for $125.00. The thing to look for is wether the tilt mechanism is worn. I am gonna have to repair mine as it will move the the bottom position with moderate pressure applied to the wheel..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts