Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to add a bit more modern “theater“ lighting to my 65‘s interior lights to compliment the full LED upgrade I’ve done front to back.

The 1st video shows it fades in when either door is opened, then fades out 30sec after doors are closed.

The 2nd shows the lights fade in after the ignition is turned off and both doors closed, then fades out immediately when the ignition is turned on with both doors closed.

Another nice feature is that if either door is left open longer than 10min without the engine running, it will turn the lights off to save the battery.

It‘s a really elegant effect. The controller is a bit pricey and I’m sure there are cheaper ones out there, but when I saw this, I had to grab one! I think it was well worth it.

Here‘s a link to for the controller. It’s part number 13007

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice effect and it looks like you have an interior worthy of a presentation!
Thank you, but it's far from presentation quality. There are lots of dirty fingerprints all over the white areas of the upholstery and door panels that I need to clean up.

It's good for a driver, but definitely not for a show car. I'm good with that.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Which side did you mount the controller on or does it matter?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Which side did you mount the controller on or does it matter?
I have it mounted next to the fuse box. I have an aftermarket wire harness front to back. The door switches are wired in parallel. So, all the interior lights turn on when either door is opened. The controller goes between the switch output and the lights.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Thanks for getting back to me on this. It looks great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts