Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where to get a reasonably priced fan shroud? I'm curious if any shrouds from other cars may fit?

Thespazardman

·
Registered
487 Posts
ah, the little known "shroud of 289".......he he

Dang! Just when I got used to being "strange", I became a "newbie". So what the sam hell is that?

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
The one I got from Dallas Mustang for my D-coder cost around 30 bucks....

Try them here

I bought my shroud a few years ago but imagine they're around the same money

Pat
http://www.jps.net/binay/webdocs/strtmstng002_sml.JPG

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
You can get a variety of shrouds for your car from NPD (National Parts Depot). You will need to know if you have a 2 core or 3 core radiator to order one, and will need to order the mounting brackets separately.

65 FB "Get your facts straight first, then you can distort them as much as you wish!"

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I've got a brand new stamped steel repro fan shroud I bought for my 65 Hi-po convert that I never installed. I'll sell it for $30 plus shipping. Interested?

Rich
1966 Mustang GT convertible

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What size is it? I'm a bit paranoid about buying over the net because the catalogs list about 6 different sizes between 65 and 68... I have a 20" two row non-AC radiator. Do you have a pic handy?

Thespazardman

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
The circular opening dia is 18" and it's 19 1/2" from mounting edge to mounting edge. I don't have pics, but if your interested I will borrow a camera and take some. Again, this is a brand spanking new repro. I'm pretty sure I've got the new repro mounting brackets and bolts too (will have to search for them).

Rich

1 - 7 of 7 Posts