Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a fan shroud in my garage that came out of a 1965 or 1966 Mustang, don't know which (I've had it for years). Does anyone know if the shrouds were the same, or slightly different, for 1965 and 1966 289 Mustangs? I can't find a stamping anywhere on the shroud. Should there be one? Thanks, Ron

·
Registered
34,243 Posts
Nope, no markings on the shroud. Both years the same, except the late 66 could be the ultra-rare one for the 3-row factory AC. Oh, and the 65-66 I6 shroud was extremely rare, too.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, and another Q

22GT: Thank you for the response. Another Q if I can: were the shrouds for the '65 and '66 V8 cars WITHOUT a/c the same as the cars WITH a/c? If different, how do I tell which one my shroud is for? Thanks, Ron

·
Registered
34,155 Posts
22GT: Thank you for the response. Another Q if I can: were the shrouds for the '65 and '66 V8 cars WITHOUT a/c the same as the cars WITH a/c? If different, how do I tell which one my shroud is for? Thanks, Ron
To the best of my knowledge, unless the car had A/C or H-D cooling there was NO shroud used.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Yes they are a dinky little metal shroud about an inch and a half wide haha

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Anybody had any luck making something work for the I6? I’m still running without one and haven’t found an original

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We went to the v8 radiator with our 200/6 in the 68. More cooling, no need for shroud. We are not running AC.... yet. Plan for it in the future. Sometimes in winter we have to block part of radiator with cardboard so engine gets to operating temp, and the heater will warm up. Never an issue with overheat. Getting the smaller hoses of the 6 to slide onto radiator spout was tight but doable. Top hose worked, on bottom hose we have a gates flexi hose.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts