Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nailbender and Kelly got me onto buying this Northern radiator and so far so good I hope but now I am in need of a shorter fan spacer,the one I have is 3 1/8 inches overall and I think I need 1/4 to a 1/2 inch shorter.

I also had to massage the crossmember so the rad could fit without rubbing. If anyone has a spacer that would be great.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Check you local parts store . Hayden makes them in several lengths

·
Registered
383 Posts
Nailbender and Kelly got me onto buying this Northern radiator and so far so good I hope but now I am in need of a shorter fan spacer,the one I have is 3 1/8 inches overall and I think I need 1/4 to a 1/2 inch shorter. View attachment 763911 View attachment 763912

I also had to massage the crossmember so the rad could fit without rubbing. If anyone has a spacer that would be great.
Oreily's has them in any size you want

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Always prefer a Ford part first but as a last resort.....

·
Premium Member
12,033 Posts
When you get your shorter spacer be sure to double check the length of the bolts. If they are too long they will go all the way through the hub and bottom out on the body of the water pump and "jack" the hub off of the shaft of the water pump. It happened recently to a member.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang Fastback GT350-Tribute Restomod. 2019 Shelby GT350.
107 Posts
I've got an old generic 1.75" aluminum spacer that is a take-off from my '65 Fastback. Probably not your preferred piece, but it may do till you find your prize. It includes Grade-5 bolts. You can have it for the cost of shipping. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When you get your shorter spacer be sure to double check the length of the bolts. If they are too long they will go all the way through the hub and bottom out on the body of the water pump and "jack" the hub off of the shaft of the water pump. It happened recently to a member.
Already was thinking about that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I can't figure out how to post pics but I have two that are 2 1/2" and one that is 1 3/4" $25 each plus flat rate shipping.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts