Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You have the #1 pick this year, who are you taking??? Standard, Non-PPR league...

Got any sleepers or busts?

I think if I'm picking first I go McCaffery or maybe Barkley... I think the Scantling kid from GB is going to have a monster year. And I am personally not touching OBJ. To many issues and a 2nd year QB who teams have had all summer to figure out, I just don't like it...

·
Super Moderator
8,882 Posts
I’ve never understood the draw.

Im much too busy living my own life to get wrapped up in anything that is based off of the lives and activities of others.

My BFF is in a few different leagues and I’m embarrassed to be around him watching the NFL on tv,....he’s going to have a stroke one day! :surprise:

·
Registered
394 Posts
I stopped watching football last year and it’s honestly one of the best things I’ve done. My local team is awful and I hate their ownership with a fiery passion. But once the politics invaded the sport, it was no longer the refuge I sought from the day-to-day BS. I watched bits of two or three games and that’s it, used my Sundays for better things. Best thing was when my little girl came down while I was watching a game and asked if I would play with her. I didn’t even give it a second though, turned off the TV and had a great afternoon with her. I won the football pool I was in two seasons ago and came in second the year before that. Didn’t participate last year and don’t plan to this year. Good luck in your pool!

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Never understood the allure of fantasy sports.
And most people don't understand the allure of old cars. Different strokes for different folks.

I've never been into the fantasy sports either, but joined a league over on Stangfix a couple years ago and it has been fun. I'm terrible at it and pick my favorite players rather than the best players. Oh well. Makes sundays a little more interesting (long suffering Lions fan).

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’ve never understood the draw.

Im much too busy living my own life to get wrapped up in anything that is based off of the lives and activities of others.

My BFF is in a few different leagues and I’m embarrassed to be around him watching the NFL on tv,....he’s going to have a stroke one day! :surprise:
I get it. It's not for everyone. I do a league with 11 other guys I was in the Army with, we all got out over the past 10 years and went our separate ways, we have been doing the league so it's a great way to stay in contact with all them. I don't pay much attention to pro football (more of a college fan) but it keeps me connected to the guys and that's why I play every year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts