Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody used either of these on stripped body panels prior to applying epoxy primer? I am planning to strip some body panels and this seems easier than other metal conditioners which require wash off with water. Any input would be appreciated. Also Eastwood reccomends wiping the panel after treatment with their "PRE", is this just wax and grease remover?

Dan

·
Registered
10,594 Posts
Use the products that the epoxy primer manufacturer recommends on their tech sheet, nothing more, nothing less. If you start mixing your own "witches brew", it might just blow up in your face.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I used picklex on the entire car after stripping to bare metal. Easy to use and works great. Check out www.autobodystore.com. Very informative website.

G

·
I bought a quart of Piclex, but could not find any information that indicated it was compatible with PPG DP epoxy primer over the top. I decided not to use it, but layed down DX1791 wash primer instead.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts