Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have problems with the glare from the sun coming through the rear window (backlight) on there 67/68 Mustang. It really annoys me, but I have never seen a 67/68 with the 'sport slats' that are popular on 69/70's.

Anyone have a simple solution? Does tinting help? And, no the solution is not to give you the car! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Thanks,
Glenn

·
Registered
214 Posts
Would sunglasses help? I think that there are aftermarket type louvers available, and I'm pretty sure that tinting would help.

Max Kern

·
Registered
8,476 Posts
I've got the opposite problem. My car came with dark tint and unless the sun is beating through the back window I can't see a damn thing out back. Especially difficult to spot CHP on the highways and nearly impossible to see anything while backing up at night without the outside mirrors. When the time comes, I'll be replacing the dark tint with a medium tint with hopes that it will make a difference.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I had my rear window tinted kind of a medium shade when my kids were little and had to ride in the backseat. Without the tinting, they just cooked. It is a bit hard to back at night, but not too terrible.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I will try a light tint. I definitely do not want a dark tint. I don't want to obscure my night time view out the window.

Thanks all,
Glenn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts