Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Go up forever.... at some point (vased on the past) you may have to almost five them away. How long till then? Who knows

Would expect prices to soften once the other prices do.

We are starting to see the same thing we did in the 90's with the last upswing. During that period we saw a pull back of up to 30%

·
Registered
771 Posts
We are starting to see the same thing we did in the 90's with the last upswing.
Your comment is a little confusing. Same thing as in prices still climbing or same thing as in the decline has started?

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
During that period we saw allot of stock market money move into the market along with supporting articles in non-traditional area Just like this time though much of the money this time appears to be out of the realastate area.During that period we saw allot of stock market money move into the market along with supporting articles in non-traditional area Just like this time though much of the money this time appears to be out of the real estate area.

During that time we saw many buying in front of the market anticipating that the market would catch the price they paid. The smaller buyers (as some big), in order to not miss the opportunity were borrowing money to buy vehicles (borrowing against IRA, 402K’s, homes and such are being discussed on may forums).

At this point we are starting to see care not reaching expectations and some effect of the softening real estate market in many regions.

Just an observation from someone that has been through this before….. and one that can not time the stock market to save his a**.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I think the largest risk to "investors" in the classic market is to high end cars. With some exceptions most investors put their money in low production units. I feel most of the folks buying fastbacks are doing so to drive them and show them on weekends. This type of popularity tends to hold value. I think the one thing that will cause fastbacks to top out or maybe decline a little is the fact that you will soon be able to purchase kits to convert coupes to fastbacks. Sure some folks would never own one, but a lot of others would be just as happy with them, and that will effect prices.

Lstar

1 - 7 of 7 Posts