Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does anyone have the measurements for the locations of the rear window molding clips on a 65 fastback? I replaced both the quarter panels and the filler panel for the trunk and threw the old parts away before taking measurements. I cant seem to find the measurements anywhere. I think there are 22 clips. I have the locations for the 8 clips across the top edge of the window but not the sides or bottom. Thanks, Todd

·
Premium Member
11,448 Posts
I don't see why exact spacing is critical. Just use the average spacing of the ones across the top.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. I agree that the measurements are not that critical, but i just wasn't sure how close to the ends of the moldings they the clips should be. I looked at the body assembly and weld/sealant manuals from osborne and they show the clips, but no dimensions are there. They make reference see another ford drawings for the measurements, but i don't know where to find those. In the end, I looked at the underside of the old moldings and between the rust stains and dents was able to locate the clips and marked center of them on the outside of the molding. Then I placed next to channel and marked approx location on masking tape on body and then drilled screw holes. Not sure why I didn't think of think of that sooner. I will be ready to install the new glass when it gets here friday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts