Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello
If anyone is interested in a freshly restored fastback or convertible, or is interested in customly ordering one for their needs, visit www.mustangcollection.com. this is my new website where i show what is currently waiting to be restored by someone who has 10 years in restoring just mustangs AKA (senior professional).
I am also sellin a 1988 gt 5speed and a 2000 gt 5 speed that will be posted in the for sale section.
tha :: nks doug

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
Your link doesn't work!

It would also be helpfull if oyu filled out you rbio so we might know where you are or be able to reach you via e-mail. ::

·
Registered
325 Posts
The link will work if you take out the last "." at the end of it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
You posted the same message a little over one month ago here:

[edited: removed link, made the screen too wide. To view the original post click on his user name and show all posts (There's only two)]

Your current post and this post are the only two you've ever made. The first one states that "some cars aren't finished yet." and now two months later you have a "freshly restored fastback or convertible."

I guess that's not too hard to do when you have 10 years restoring just mustangs (AKA Senior Professional).

I don't think this is legit. Maybe we should call and ask?
His NSLookup information for the domain name MustangCollection.com is regestered to:

Admin Name........... DOUGLAS DICARLO
Admin Address........ 2026 SW 15th AVE
Admin Address........
Admin Address........ CAPE CORAL
Admin Address........ 33991
Admin Address........ FLORIDA
Admin Address........ UNITED STATES
Admin Email.......... [email protected]
Admin Phone.......... +239.7724452
Admin Fax............

Was that mean? ::
Or should I have let him act out his fantasy?
Ok, it was mean.

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
He may be trying to take orders for the cars he has that need to be restored. that way he doesn't have to shell out his own money to restore the cars.

Not a bad idea for the seller and the buyer if thats what he's doing. The seller doesn't go in the neg. trying to restore the car and sell it and the byer can get what he or she likes.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Well, I'm gonna bet he's a hack and has none of those cars even lined up.
First, he's got a picture of a 1996 Vert as his welcome, which also happens to be the only car in the "COMPLETED" section.

Second, in the inventory list he mentions a 2000 GT coupe which he's also trying to pitch as his personal vehicle on this site:
http://www.etconnect.com/gt/forsale.htm

Name: DOUG
Date: 4 August 2003
Price: $ 11,000 OBO
Phone: 239-772-4452
E-Mail:

ForsaleAd: I AM SELLING MY 2000 MUSTANG GT. IT IS RED WITH CHARCOAL CLOTH INTERIOR. SPOILER TRACTION CONTROL POWER EVERYTHING, 5-SPEED NEW TIRES 17IN UPGRADED RIMS, MACH 460 STEREO FAST. PLEASE VISIT MY WEBSITE FOR PICTURES (THEY WILL BE POSTED IN ONE WEEK) www.MUSTANGCOLLECTION.COM . IT WILL BE POST ON [censored] SOON AND MY WEBSITE SO IF YOU ARE INTERESTED HURRY.
Atleast now I don't feel bad for publishing his phone number.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it. But you never know he's got 10 years experience (AKA Senior Professional)

·
Registered
100 Posts
GC,

How did you get the DNS info? I'm on the H/W side of datacom/networking but could use that info once in a while.

I looked at the site. How many Professionals, or AKA Senior Professionals, describe their "profession" as a hobby? All I saw were descriptions of plans. I have 6 Mustangs and 4 1950 Truck future projects whose plans sound just as good as this guy's.

Thank goodness, and the Department of Defense, for the Internet. Take a load of crap, wrap it in some HTML, and instantly become a successful virtual businessman.

I've been doing Mustangs for 12 years. Does that make me an AKA Super Senior Professional?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you all know what you are talking about? or do you just ramble garbage. My father and I own all these cars listed on the website. www.mustangcollection.com
I enjoy rebuilding the new models where he is very good at the vintage classics. I have owned 4 in my recent driving experience and I know the quality of work we produce unlike you chumps. I am just offering people TO PURCHASE THE NEW MODELS THAT ARE FINISHED OR THEY CAN DREAM ABOUT WHAT IS NEXT ON OUR LIST.
Some of You are extremmely rude and you should use your time to make your vehicles look nice instead of dishing something you can not take.

and please call me if you are interested in any of the vehicles
I am posting my own number (239) 772-4452
ask for DOUG.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Doug,
It might help if you had pictures of them in your inventory section. Especially after advertising the same thing in another thread a month ago and not responding to those people.

The DNS information comes from a "whois" lookup. It's a standard command from most unix shells. I think it's also implemented in some of the later version of windows.
For instance from the command prompt of a linux/unix box just type: whois mustangcollection.com and it will give you the regestration and contact information.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sorry, DOUG.

You are the one with the un-informative web site (no pictures/prices). You are the one who uses "hobby" and "professional" interchangeably.

Signed,

"Rude Chump"

·
Registered
858 Posts
its the same friggin page about a month back or so...there's been no updates it looks like...and still NO pictures of any car but the 96 vert :p this stuff makes me think its alllll big scam :p

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
I might consider at least one of the cars...but it is real hard to consider something I can not see via a picture and I HATE let me say it again, I HATE it when prices for the products that are to be sold are not published...

I will not buy a money pit sight unseen!!!!

Since I have two mustangs, I have already purchased two money pits after looking at them....

Mel

·
Registered
124 Posts
No pics, prices, or VIN numbers for the "inventory"? Sounds pretty fishy.

G

·
0 Posts
The only thing we know is that this person can't set up a web page or market his business well. That really doesn't mean anything about fixing cars. The best body man I ever heard of was antisocial and couldn't reason his way out of a box, but he works magic on cars.
Hey 124587 or whatever your name is, get a digital camara and put pics on your site or e-mail them to people. It is a pain, but over the internet people have to have this. One sold car will pay for camara.
About that "senior professional" thing.........ahhh dun no.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I have a great Idea for ya 1969428 If you have owned four classic stangs in your "recent" driving experience then how about some pic's. Instead of getting pissed off about us not trusting an obviously poor web site you put us all in our place and show us some of the "Quality" that you produce.

Basically
PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Just another $.02 on this! There is a Mustang business in Miami called Mustang Collection, owned by Stan Jacobs, that has been around for a LONG time. (Stan is an honest parts seller and has just been notified of the owner selling the building.) I'm curious as to a business of the same name, on the other side of the state. Stan's business is incorporated and using someone else's name like this isn't too kosher in Fla. :eek:

G

·
0 Posts
Doug, We here at the Mustang Collection are not happy at all with you using our Incorporated name in the State of Florida. For over twenty years we have been one of South Florida's best Mustang restoration shops. We are members of the Mustang Club of America as well as the AACA, and the Ft. Lauderdale Mustang club. We have earned the respect of thousands of customers around the world and will not allow an upstart to steal our identity and reputation.

You'll find our phone number on our site that I have linked above, feel free to call it and least try to resolve this without using the court.

Stan and Mike.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Stan and Mike,

Nice website. Prices. Pictures. Well done.

Doug,

Maybe you could learn something from these "Professionals" (and stop using their name).

G

·
0 Posts
Thanks. We take pride in what we do.

http://mustangparts.cc/images/mikes_truck.jpg

1 - 20 of 21 Posts