Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I really did it this time(so what else is new)

When I opened the mail I opened something I should not have.
I'm planning on doing my first open track event at the Mini-nats and thats all I've been talking about around here since I made that decsion. I've openly questioned my ability to do this track stuff, and I've stated over and over the cars going to be much better than my skill level. Long story short I opened a big envelope addressed to my wife, common place around here we have no secrets and allot of business mail so who ever's here opens and deals with. Inside was inf on High Prefomance course at Searspoint (Jim Russell School) and a Happy fathers day card.

I ruined the surprize and can't really fix it, If the dam thing would of said something on return address etc I would of left it alone.Oh well Guess I'll have to make it up to her.

But How cool is that gift for fathers day, guess she dosen't want me to kill myself out there.

Feeling 10ft small
Mark

·
Registered
501 Posts
You can always run to her with wild excitement to the point of being commited and convulsing fits. After that much of a crazy act she will forget about how early you found out. Then just keep running around inside and out telling everyone where your going! Run outside and tell complete strangers, call all your friends. She will laugh, be happy, and very proud.

·
Banned
925 Posts
I think you should just be happy /forums/images/icons/smile.gif What a great gift! Just grab the family - kiss those that want to be kissed, and take them all out to dinner. You'll still be happy on Sunday!

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
Mark,
What a woman.She shows dogs AND she has an interest in your hobbys.Man she is a keeper.Happy Fathers day ole buddy.

P.S.Dont you have a passenger seat in that car,hint,hint see ya later. Matt

G

·
0 Posts
When you go racing [what ever kind] don't you have to sign a waiver?? That you can't sue the track if anything happened. What about your life insurance if your racing??? If you jump out of a plane is your insurance void .?? Just questions that go thru my head at times?? Maybe I'm too old.--Frank. Happy fathers day.--Be careful.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Same thing happened to me one year. My wife's name is Edie which is sounds like (E,D). She ordered something for me through Summit and they called asking for Eddie confirming the shipping address. Usually someone calling for Eddie is a salesman.....They called at 9:00pm while we were watching TV together. They were describing it to me with her sitting right next to me on the couch. I handed her the phone and watched the disappointment in her eyes as she knew that the surprise was ruined. She was skimming dollars here and there for months so that I wouldn't notice the money missing from the account. Felt really aweful!

Todd

·
Registered
952 Posts
What a life you have! I am crossing my fingers that I get socks! Actually, the dash pad comes in today so I am pretty jazzed.

I will be back packing in the Sierra Nevada's with my son on Fathers day. Not too bad, then plan on a nice dinner to sooth over the aching muscles and back.

Happy Fathers.

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,824 Posts
Hide it and make sure you catch the mail tomorrow so you can "accidentally" open it tomorrow. Then follow Mudcat's directions to the letter. You'll be fine.

·
Registered
795 Posts
That's a fantastic gift.

My wife (girl friend at the time) bought me the Richard Petty Rookie Driving Experience at Charlotte (Lowes) Motor Speedway for my Birthday one year. What a thrill.

You will have a blast!!!!

Enjoy!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts