Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for you all..
What is your favorite automotive saying? (or slogan)
Given the opportunity to make up a new “catch phrase” or slogan for any auto maker, what would yours be? What is your current favorite? Why? This question was recently asked by Jaguar North America with the winner receiving a new Jag. Sorry, no car this time… Lets see those ideas!

WeR

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
"There's nothing stock about stock car racing"

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Ford's New Slogan:
Objects in mirror are Camaros

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
"Porsche - There is No Substitute". Not really memorable from commercials or anything, but it was a great Tom Cruise line from "Risky Business"! ::

The current Cadillac commercials (Been a Long Time Since I Rock n Rolled) are the BEST!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
My uncle moved to Australia and got a job at the Ford Factory.
His first day, he goes in, and his boss shows him where he'll be working (basic assembly line stuff). He gets to work.
About 5 minutes of working, and the break bell rings.
~~Everyone in the factory, leaves their post, walks out of the factory. My uncle is perplexed, and goes out to see what is happening. He sees all the employees walk out into the nearby forest, picking up koala bear hairs, and bring them back into the plant, and make tea of their collection.
This lasts for about 25 minutes.
Break bell rings again. Everyone goes back to work.
5 minutes later, break bell rings again.
Then the same thing happens.
~~Everyone in the factory, leaves their post, walks out of the factory. All the employees walk out into the nearby forest, picking up koala bear hairs, and bring them back into the plant, and make tea of their collection.
Again, this lasts for about 25 minutes.
Break bell rings again. Everyone goes back to work.
5 minutes later!, break bell rings ~~again!.
~~Everyone in the factory, leaves their post, walks out of the factory. All the employees walk out into the nearby forest, pick up koala bear hairs, bring them back into the plant, and make tea of their collection.

My uncle is just as confused as he can be. He finally goes up to his boss and asks:
"Hey Bossman, why does everyone only work for 5 minutes, then spend 25 minutes going out into the forest to pick up koala bear hairs, and then make tea out of them.".

The bossman looks at him with just about the same perplexed look as my uncle had, and says:
"Because..... at Ford , Koala-Tea is Job One ! "

Thus my favorite automotive slogan.

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Daewoo - Well, we tried.
Yugo - Disposable but Biodegradable
Pontiac Aztec - It comes in camo green too, if you don't want to be seen in it.
Excursion - Oh my God.
Explorer - With new rounded tops for more comfortable rolls.
Mini - Batteries not included
PT Cruiser - For those who want a Streetrod, but have no skills or taste.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Porsche - Kills bugs fast.

"WTF is that noise?" uttered by an associate seconds before his VW motor seized after dropping a valve.

·
Registered
815 Posts
"Can't convince the wife? Bring her in and we'll dicker"

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
More of a racing slogan
"When in Doubt, Stand on it!"
"If you're under control, you're not going fast enough" - Parnelli Jones

Dave ::

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
I guess not one sticks out to me but a couple that have strong cases

Next year Ferrari's ass is mine CS

Rubing is racin

HP & speed = Money, how fast do you want to go?

Well we had to put in few more hours than expected

We will have it ready on Tuesday, wont be like the other 6 times we promised it to you done this time it will be differnt

Ok this is my original saying to a recent post

There are only two types of Boss 302 people those who want one and those who have one.

I could go on way too long on this subject

Mark

·
Registered
409 Posts
But I also like this one.

-bob
A nice one-fingered salute to Ferarri... but how times (and inflation) have changed! $13,800 for a Ferarri!!!!

·
Registered
977 Posts
"Like a rock" in the commercial when the Steel plate falls onto the rock. The rock cracks... pretty tough ha? :)

·
Registered
10,413 Posts
Music's great in the Cadillac ads, but the cars, particularly the Excrementalade, are butt fugly! Ford has changed their slogan many times. At one time "There'a A Ford In Your Future." The classic Packard Ad: "Ask The Man Who Owns Once". Many of the current ads are quite clever but also easy to parody. Like a Slug! Like the Mazda kid, whispering Ca Ca! ::

·
Administrator
19,498 Posts
Anyone remember this one from a Ford ad in 1968?

"Cobras eat Roadrunners for breakfast" ::

Due to complaints from the dark side, the ad was pulled off the air after about a month. It was a takeoff on the old roadrunner-coyote cartoons.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts