Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody use it?

I have been use the wheel straps but it's kind of a pain when the spokes don't line up. I want to store the car on the trailer between races tying it down to unsprung points so as to not compress the suspension. The rear mount connects to the u-bolts and the front to the lower control arm. I'm assuming by the picture the lower control arm were the strut rod bolts? I've got SoT tubular LCA's so that might require modification and or welding to get them to fit

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
yeah, but if he keeps the stang stored on the trailer, no one can borrow the trailer, lol....well played sir, we see what you did there :)
I would splurge and buy the over the tire style straps and add the extra d rings to the trailer floor..at least for the front...no crawling around under the car.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, but if he keeps the stang stored on the trailer, no one can borrow the trailer, lol....well played sir, we see what you did there :)
Not my first rodeo, or trailer. Narrow 78" wide deck so no one can borrow it to haul a truck and fits through a 9' wide garage door opening!

I would splurge and buy the over the tire style straps and add the extra d rings to the trailer floor..at least for the front...no crawling around under the car.
To much work and I'm not crawling under the car when strapping it down when it's on the trailer, just reaching and it's not bad at all.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What about these tie downs? I've seen them used on new car transporters.
I've looked in to that. After an autocross I'm super tired and generally sweaty or freezing. I want click, click, click, click and on the road home!

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
I have a couple of short straps that go around the rear axle, they have D rings that make it easy to attach longer tie downs to the trailer. The only problem is climbing underneath the back of the car to hook everything up.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I haven't seen those. Ive been looking at the Ron Morris ones. I like idea of the loop and spring mount all one piece. I'm just trying to convince myself the price is worth it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts