Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got their NON-FOLDDOWN rear seat apart?

My 70 sportsroof has the FIXED rear seat....it didnt come with anything but the "hinges" (remember, it's NON folddown)...so theres hardware missing

Can you tell me about the "trim" at the top edge of the backrest support, that affixes it to the package tray support?

and the fasteners that hold the backrest support to the UPPER brackets that attach it to the body?

TIA

·
Registered
680 Posts
Had mine out a couple of weeks ago for speaker instillation.
I can't really understand what you are talking about, unless it is the channel that sets on top of the upper seat support. This is a channel about 1 1/2" wide. It sets down on top of the support, and is screwed down with flat head screws. It sets under the "Hockey stick" side trim panels...
Hope this helps, as it is the best I can do, with the understanding of your question.
Don't suppose you can post pictures of the problem area...
Hope this helps....

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The channel you describe is part of what I'm talking about.....is it chrome or black, and is it really 1.5" wide?

about 2" below that on each end of the upper seat support is two holes that anchor the top corners to the body. What kind of fasteners are there?

Thanks

·
Registered
680 Posts
Just went out and measured my trim strip. Yes, it is 1 1/2" wide. It is black, or same color as your interior, Mine is black..
The bolts you are asking about are the little 5/16" headed bolts with the phillips head in the center. They look like you could either use a screwdriver or a wrench. They have the bigger flat washer made on them, and they look like they could be self-tapping, with the end fluted...
If I can help anymore, e-mail me. My e-mail address is in my BIO>

Steve

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Youve already been a big help...thanks!!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts