Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well everything has come together now with the FBD.
I always wanted a 71 -73 Mach1 with 429 Ramair and could do 0 - 60 in 6 sec.
Well I have better I have a vert that looks like a Mach1, custom interior that fits it just right. the 429 Ramair. Found out tonight that she runs 0 - 60 in 6 sec with 3.25 rear gears. I did 6 runs with my brother inlaw. he was driving, to see what the FBD could do 0 -60 in. I thought when I did it by myself it did 6 sec. Hard to tell watching everything. SO I had him drive. He shifted the auto instead of letting it do it it's self. First 2 runs were 8 sec. I ask what RPMs he was shifting, He didn't know. from the sound of the engine it sounded like maybe 3500rpms. I told him to run it up to 5000 rpms and you don't need 3rd to hit 60. first run was 6 sec. who hoo!! did a couple more to make sure. Yup 0 - 60 in 6 sec Boy did I have a grin on my face, But not quite as big as the one after the monster burnout at CF2. I wounder what this thing would do with 3.90 or 4.11 gears?????? not gonna find out untill I get $$$$$$$$$$$ to put an overdrive in. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
539 Posts
You know, I've almost had enough of your bragging!...jk/forums/images/icons/smile.gif Awesome car! But you should know I will destroy you at CF3 in the burnout. Ha ha, I make myself laugh.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I'll bet your bro in law didn't tell you he was draggin the brakes all the time to slow it down,so it wouldn't be faster than his cars,,HEHEHE I bet he is jellous too,,that thing may have been quicker If I was driving PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

SPEED KILLS,, BUY A CHEVY AND LIVE FOREVER "LOL"

·
Registered
657 Posts
I really wish you wouldn't show me this stuff!! I passed on a 460 when I put the 351W in it. I don't even want to get the urge!

·
Registered
455 Posts
I went from 0 to 68 in a flash. Give me the slow lane for a while so I can enjoy my stangs that I have acquired in that time. Hope I can go for 0 to 70 sorta slow so I can finish my last two restos.
jazzbo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts