Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we had a great time last night. It was busy so we only got 3 runs in. Lots of imports last night. Lots-o-fun
Well Mike (97owner) and I finally got our races in after a 1 1/2 of a lot of going back and forth.
He is on the COllege security here at Hope, So last year he gave me a ticket in the parking lot. The reason for the ticket was because I was to SLOW! The Loser of the night would have to take the ticket home.
We were able to race head to head all three times. the first run I had a 14.107 he had a 14.103, he was quicker but I Killed him on reaction time.
The second race I ran a 14.07 he ran a 14.6 spun the tires like crazy. STill killed him on reaction time.
The 3rd race I ran a 13.868!! 98.68mph WOOT! 13's baby! he ran a 13.853 101.3mph I got him on reation time again I hit a .573 he had a .7 something. I made a change before the last race I took the rags out of the trunk then I found the 40LBS of Chain in a bag I forgot I put in there last week!!!!! Ok we need a new award the STUPID DORK!!! award. And no this chain was not in the trunk when I ran last week.
We had a great time, I had a big smile on my face when I handed him his ticket back. We will be racing for the ticket again!
Ok TFOBJR took the 78 King CObra last night. I coached him what to do. don't mash the pedal down or you will just burn rubber with the single wheel drive on the thing. Sure enough the light turned green and he left smoke a 1/3 of the way down ran a 19 something. The second time he did the same thing ran a 20 something. At 17 this was a pretty big deal and he was excited but had a great time.
So that was our night.
Time to get that time down a little more. I will!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
were those runs with the new drag radials installed?? If so, did you "experiment" with different air pressures for better biting power. Definitely sounds like you are building on experience and there is a LOT more potential hidden in FBD and YOU. time will tell.....

randy

·
Gone but never forgotten
25,239 Posts
Most excellent. I knew your car would hit the 13's last night. Was it cooler on the last run? that will usually make a difference, too. I'm still trying to get to the 13's myself.

Oh, and if it makes you feel any better about the chains in the trunk, last time we went out, SacBill discovered you can drop almost a whole second if you take off the parking brake :eek:

Glad your son had fun. My son went with me the last time we went out, but he wouldn't run the car for fear of crashing it, even though I REALLY tried to talk him in to it. Tell your son not to feel bad about the high times and smoking tires. I had a run where I think the track was wet and when I hit the throttle, the car didn't even move, I was into 2nd gear and finally had to let off the gas to ever get any traction. Turned in a 17 something. It was pathetic, and my son was laughing his butt off at me for looking like such a dork.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes that was with the drag radials on. I ran at 25 and 21 lb's. 21 was much better I slipped a little at 25lbs but none at all with 21 lbs. My reaction times are getting much better. That was the first time I was in the 5's
I am going to go back and bump the secondary jets back to where they were. I won't be able to go back for 2 weeks. Going to go to columbus Ford EXPO 2003 next weekend.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will say, Getting into the 13's was a lot harder than I thought it would be. WOw Lots of practice and lots of fine tuning. I know there is more in that car. I just have to find it.

·
Gone but never forgotten
25,239 Posts
You're telling me! It would seem that running in the 13's would be a piece of cake ... until you try to do it *LOL*.

I definately need practice with my launches and reaction time. The only decent reaction times I ever get are when I red light :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts