Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just tore down a std bore, std crank 428 to build a stroker and have some extra parts.

- 1UB 428 crank, std/std, can send pics, can run as is or polish, measured, doesn't need turning and bearing wear was non-existent 400 plus shipping and insurance

- Set of 8 428 standard bore pistons - 5 marked "super" standard CJ/SCJ stuff, 3 aftermarket and relatively new, not exact matches but cc'd within a cc. All good pistons, cleaning house, 50 plus shipping and insurance

- 428/410 Flexplate - original Ford, ring gear looks good, 30 bucks plus shipping

- .030 over 390 BARE block, square decked to 10.160, pressure checked and magged, run for a season and being replaced by 462 stroker. No internals, can run as is, clean, new cam bearings, no ridge, sonic check shows it can go .040 easily. 250.00 but this one wouldn't be cheap to ship so pickup in Omaha

https://omaha.craigslist.org/pts/d/ford-390-block-030-over-clean/6651224635.html

All parts in south Omaha

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll take the pistons please and will pay with PayPal as a friend if that's ok. Please send the total (ship to 54487) and your PP email to [email protected] Thanks! Jack
Will do, let me figure it out today, will email you later today. Ross

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jack sent you an email. Thanks and talk to you soon - Ross

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pistons are sold, thanks Jack!

Cash talks on the crank, but likely not inexpensive to ship

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Flywheel and pistons are sold.

Will drop 50 on the crank to make it a little more attractive, but planning Ebay next week if no interest, so 350.00 plus shipping and insurance . 1UB CJ crank, std/std, came out of running motor

Block has some nibbles but no cash yet, will likely put under the bench for a later build if no-one needs it by next weekend, square deck, main alignment, pressure test and cam bearings cost more than I am asking..

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Same here Jack, good luck with your CJ and keep in touch!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts